The Blue Circle Run
Join us in 2020 for lots of fun! This 5K/10K/walk benefits Diabetes Dayton. While medals are sold out, we invite you support Diabetes Dayton with your registration and/or donation. The blue circle is the universal symbol for Diabetes and this race’s proceeds will benefit those affected by all types of Diabetes.
Your safety is important and we've been working for weeks to get an updated plan approved by the Public Health - Dayton and Montgomery County. It goes without saying that this race will not be your typical race, but an opportunity to resume an activity you enjoy. COVID-19 has certainly changed how we do a lot of things, and road races have been impacted. We respect your decision to participate in person or not, so we'll offer a virtual option in addition to the live race.
Below you'll find changes to this year's event, as required by Public Health - Dayton and Montgomery County. Please understand that this list is not inclusive and is subject to change. Changes will be posted on this site and we encourage you to review them prior to participating on race day. By registering for this event, you understand that the county may make changes to these rules or cancel the event all together.
- Participants must be free of symptoms and illness for 14 days prior to the race. Symptomatic participants may not participate. You will be asked covid symptom related questions at packet pick up.
- There is no race day registration. You must register online by 7am on race day.
- We strongly encourage you to pick up up your items at the packet pick up noted below. If you're unable to do so, you can pick up beginning at 6:30am at the Marriot on race day. Whether at Diabetes Dayton or Marriot, you must wear a mask while in line to pick up your race items.
- Participants must wear masks until the race actually starts. The mask or face covering must cover your nose, mouth, and chin.
- Though our physical contact with participants will be minimal, hand sanitizer will be provided at the start and finish line areas.
- You can begin lining up at 7:45 am for the start at 8am. Please wait in your car until it is time to line up.
- There will be no water stops on the course, so please bring your own water. At the finish line, we'll have bottled water and snacks to take with you.
- As of now, the Marriot will have their restrooms open. This could change and is out of the control of Diabetes Dayton and Key Sports. If they close their restrooms to race participants, there will be no restrooms available at the race site.
- No spitting, snotting, or projections of any bodily fluid before, during, or after race.
- All participants must avoid any physical contact with other participants which include high fives, fist bumps, or close contact before, during or after the event.
- Before, during, and after the race, participants must abide by the six-foot physical distancing requirement when lining up or passing other participants.
- Spectators are not permitted on the course, at start line, or finish line.
- Please do not congregate after the race. Participants are encouraged to gather their belongings and leave immediately after the race.
- There will be no post race awards ceremony.
- Please read and follow all guidelines for this event. We cannot stress this enough. If these guidelines aren't followed, we'll have to stop the race. Additionally, following these guidelines will demonstrate to decision makers that we can continue to have future events.
About Diabetes Dayton
Diabetes Dayton is an independent, non-profit agency serving the Dayton area since 1963. Our mission is to improve the quality of life with programs and services that address the prevention and management of diabetes. All monies raised for Diabetes Dayton stay in the local Greater Dayton community. Our programs and services include: free AADE-accredited diabetes education classes, diabetes supplies for the uninsured, Healthy Me! wellness series, diabetes screenings, presentations, resource referral, and a summer camp for children living with diabetes.
Event Schedule (subject to change):
Pre-race (at Diabetes Dayton office)
Friday, November 6th
4-7 pm Pick up and registration - masks are required to be worn at packet pick up.
Race day (at the Marriot)
6:30-7:45 am: Race day packet pick up. Masks are required to be worn while in line at packet pick up.
7:45 am: You may arrive and begin lining up
8:00 am: 5K and 10K start. Masks are required to be worn while in line waiting for the race to start.
THERE WILL BE NO ONSITE RACE DAY REGISTRATION!! Please register online by 7am on race day.
Registration (medals are sold out)
Early registration on or before September 19th
5K walk/run $25 | 10k run $30
Registration September 20th - November 7th at 7am.
5k walk/run $30 | 10k run $35
During registration, you will select your race from a drop down menu; 5K, 10K, Virtual 5K, Virtual 10K.
We will be enforcing a 15 minute/mile pace for the 10K. Please keep this in mind as you're selecting your event.
Want to support Diabetes Dayton but aren't able to attend in person? Register virtually and pick up your race items at Diabetes Dayton or choose to have them mailed to you.
Registration includes a short sleeve shirt if registered by 10/26. Upgrade to a long sleeve shirt for an additional $10. Save $5 and select no shirt.
Team Discounts: Teams of 5 or more receive $5 off per registrant! Use code team to receive the discount! All five must register at the same time.
Blue circle accessories/attire strongly encouraged!! After you register, create your own fundraiser page and share with family and friends. Earn up to $25 by referring your friends and family! For every FIVE people who register with your code, you'll earn $5 back!
Per the event insurance, no animals are allowed at the event (service animals are, of course, permitted).
You must be able to hear instructions from volunteers, first responders, and event staff, so we strongly advise against wearing headphones and earbuds.
5K participants will wear yellow bibs and 10K will wear green bibs.
Please remain behind the start line and physically distanced from others. We'll have an area near the start line marked off and will allow in approximately 25 people at a time. Once the group starts, we'll encourage the next group of 25 to fill in and then move forward to the start line. We'll repeat this until everyone has started.
10K participants will be the first to line up and start.
Registration and races start/end at Marriott at the University of Dayton 1414 South Patterson Boulevard, Dayton, Ohio 45409
Chip timed by Key Sports. Route starts at the Marriott on S. Patterson. Route TBA
We are not permitted to have anything post race, so will not be handing out awards. We will still present overall and age group results online.